Thursday, January 29, 2009

What causes cold sores?

So what's the cause of these little critters then?..Well it's all down to a virus known as the Herpes Simplex Virus. Just to be a little bit more confusing; there are two types of the Herpes Simplex virus. First up you have Herpes Simplex-1. This is the virus that causes cold sores, and also what you most probably have living inside your nervous system. The other type is Herpes Simplex-2 which is the cause of genital Herpes..Nice!
I must warn you that once you have been infected with the virus it will be with you for life, as there in no way of getting it to leave the body. Thats the bad news.
Here's the good news: Although you will always have the Herpes virus in your body, it will not always be in the form of a cold sore, and will normally lie dormant in your cells. It is then up to you, to make sure that it doesn't become active again and turn into a cold sore. The virus lives in your nerve tissue in its dormant state and stays that way until it is awakened from signals in your body . These signals tell the virus that your body is weak and immune system low, and ultimately let the virus know that it is a good time to attack.
There are certain things that will encourage the virus to stage an attack and make a cold sore. When your immune system is low you are at a much higher chance of developing a cold sore. So make sure you do all the right things to keep it well balanced and topped up. Take vitamin tablets daily, and make sure you get enough of that all important vitamin C. You should aim to take in 5000mg of vitamin C a day and can find it naturally in fruits such as oranges and lemons.. yum!
Preventing cold sores is all about having a healthy lifestyle. This includes eating and drinking well, and plenty of regular exercise. You should get a good breakfast in the morning so that your body starts off the day well. If you start off well, you'll carry on and finish the day well, decreasing your chances of getting that cold sore. A good breakfast could include a non sugary cereal, plain yogurt, oats, mixed fruits such as berries and bananas and a glass of fruit juice or water. If you prefer a hot drink, then a cup of English tea would do, just make sure you go easy on the sugar!
Lunch could be something light and healthy like a smoked salmon sandwich with salad, or if you're after something more filling then go for a spaghetti bolognese or a meat and veg dish.
Again for dinner something healthy; pork chops, rice and a few veg would do nicely. Of course you can vary these, but try to keep it simple and balanced between veg, meats and carbs.
Now that I've covered food, I'll very briefly cover drinks/liquids. I have one word: Water.
And lots of it for that matter. Make water your best friend and you'll feel the rewards. Not just in terms of preventing fever blisters/cold sores, but it will also make your skin much clearer and give you more energy. The cells in our body should get replaced on average every few weeks, and as I'm sure you know, a high percentage of our body is made up of water. If you don't take in enough water, then those cells can't be replaced thus leaving you with the older, duller, aging cells, which will leave you tired and with bad skin. If your tired and low, then your immune system will be low, and then what?...you'll be increasing your chances of developing a cold sore.
Okay so you're now going to eat and drink well, but what about exercise? Well you haven't got to sign up to some super pricey gym, you can get more than enough by going for a swim or run 3 times a week. Top that up with some ab crunches at home which you can do lying down on the floor, and if you really want to go all out, buy some free weights and build up those muscles! Just remember to drink lots of....WATER!...you got it.
We've almost covered all the essential topics so that you can stop the Herpes virus transforming into a cold sore, but there are just a couple of other things you must do as well. These are sleep well and try and keep stress to a minimum. I know that me telling you not to stress might sound like a joke, particularly if you have kids, job etc, but learning to control your stress has a lot of health benefits such as keeping your blood pressure down and an array of metal benefits.
If you get a decent amount of sleep at night, for instance at least 9 hours, then this in itself would help to decrease your stress. Even if you can't get huge amounts of more sleep, just go to bed half an hour or 45 minutes early and feel the benefits. Trust me.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

getting a coldsore when your young isn't really a problem, it's when your baby gets one that you should be worried, it can be passed from the mother to the child and can be really dangerous to a new born

Unknown said...

Having cold sores on the face are the most irritating symptoms of herpes one can ever experience. This is the most embarrassing situation for any herpes patient. You should start Facial herpes treatment as soon as possible to get rid of herpes symptoms fast. Medicines can give you serious side effects so, it is better to try facial herpes natural treatment which is completely natural and side effects free.

John Williams said...

Herpes Finally Gone, thanks to Dr. Utu for his Herbal Treatment.
I had a sudden onset of cold sores and a new one was appearing each day. I was on primary immunosuppressant I noticed my body just can't fight the virus on its own. After five days of treatment and no success I suspected herpes I went for test and it was confirmed. God was my strength I met a doctor for treatment. He gave me Dr Utu's contact. I contacted him immediately, This medication was far amazing that within 24-48 hrs the blisters were crusting over. The swelling and redness was decreasing as well. I was on four weeks herpes medication which I completed before going for test. I went for herpes test and then again back to my doctor who confirmed me herpes negative it was really like a dream. What a relief! Feel Free to contact Dr Utu Email:- drutuherbalcure@gmail.com OR WhatsApp :- +2347032718477

garcia sharon said...

I'm so exited to share my testimonies about the Good Work of Dr. Udebhu who get me cured from herpes simplex virus (HSV1&2) with his herbs, I never thought that I will live on earth before the year runs out. I have been suffering from herpes, I had spent a lot of money going from one Hospital to another looking for way to get rid of this disease, the hospital have been my home everyday residence. Constant checks up have been my hobby not until this faithful day, I was searching
 through the internet, I saw a testimony on how Dr.Udebhu helped someone in curing his herpes disease using his healing
 Herbs, quickly I copied his email just to give him a test I spoke to him, he told me that he is going to provide the herbal cure to me, which he
did, after i receive his herbs and i take it as instructed i was cure permanently from herpes my herpes disease was gone. so I decided to share my testimony, that nothing is impossible with God, God use a man to healed me. No matter what you are passing through, no matter how deadly the sickness is and no matter what the situation is God that did mine is still going to do yours, people suffering from herpes, brain tumor, kidney disease, pcos, AIDS, ALS,copd, asthma, athritis,herpes, Cancer,Hpv, any kind of disease, you can rich him now via ? Gmail address: drudebhuherbalhome@gmail.com or whatsapp +2349051254152  

VERA WHITE said...

I am here to testify, I can't stop thanking Dr Oluta for this great thing he has done in my life. I am so grateful to him. I was suffering HIV VIRUS for over 3 years, when I contacted Dr Oluta after reading the wonderful testimony that people have been sharing about him. I have been on medication BUT I WAS NOT comfortable. I was looking for a permanent solution to this virus. I went through the internet and I contacted a Tradomedical/Traditional herbalist doctor named Dr Oluta for help. He gave me all his rules and regulations so that if he cures me that I should write about him on an internet site and that is what I am doing now. He assured me that he will cure me completely with his natural herbal medicine which he really did, and I am now completely cured from HIV VIRUS, what will I say rather than thanking him for saving my life. Why suffering in silence when there is remedy to your problems, Dr Oluta also specialized in curing the following diseases and spell casting
(1) FIBROID
(2) Diabetes
(3) Herpes
(4) If you want your ex back
For more informations contact Dr Oluta on whatsapp or call +2349065326267 email him dr.olutaspellcaster@gmail.com  

Erika hampson said...

I always have cold sores outbreaks when on my periods and they were very terrible, when I went for test the doctor said I had herpes virus. I just want to share this great testimony of how Dr favour cured me from herpes virus with his natural medicine. It became a burden to me having outbreaks all the time and it was so terrible to look upon while on mirror than going out with it so would rather lock up myself indoors all times of outbreak. I stumbled upon a testimony of someone this Herbal doctor has cured on the internet and took the doctor's email: drfavour37@gmail.com or WhatsApp him (+2348028081669) to contact him. I'm completely free from this virus and horrible outbreaks All thanks to Dr favour!!

williamgold said...

Dr Godwin herpes treatment is one of the most effective home remedies for herpes which has the ability to kill the herpes virus permanently. I found out I had herpes 4 years ago. My first outbreak was definitely the worst thing I ever experienced. The bumps and blisters were swollen and red. I had a doctor give me Valtrex but I take the generic. I had to take the Valtrex 1 gram a day for about a week and I had another doctor prescribe me Acyclovir but that gave me the worst headaches ever, so I stopped taking it.after 2 year all that prove abortive the herpes was still there,Since I was first diagnosed I have about 2 outbreaks a month. I have been able to cope with this by having supportive family and friends who look out for me,though it wasn't easy for me, one day i read a post by someone testifying about Dr  Godwin that she was cured totally using his herbal product, i decided to gave it a try, I contacted him as instructed in the testimony. i made request for the herbal medicine, he actually did send it to me and gave me the instruction on how i will use it,The good news is this, i went to the hospital after the medication for test as instructed by Dr Godwin, i was tested negative, i was surprised finding out that am now herpes virus negative against my former result which was positive, Am happy to let the whole world know that today am free from this herpes disease,no more outbreak, no more cold sores, excruciating pains, i will advice anyone reading this message  and needed a cure for herpes as well should please contact this Great Dr godwin on drgodwin52@gmail.com or WhatsApp +2348158184060