- Bleach your cold sores
- As soon as initial symptoms appear, grab a cotton bud and wet it in water.
- Dip the cotton bud into full strength bleach.
- Squeeze the bud so that it is not dripping, and to get rid of excess water.
- Hold the cotton bud against your cold sore for about 3 - 5 minutes.
- Will it work? With any luck the bleach should stop the cold sore virus from spreading and speed up recovery time.
- Table salt
- Wet your finger
- Dip your finger into table salt
- Press your finger onto the affected area for 30 - 60 seconds.
- Dab the salt off with a clean towel.
- Repeat and continue for several days, or until the cold sore dries up.
- Nail polish remover
- Take a cotton bud and apply the nail polish remover directly onto the cold sore.
- Once this is done, cover the cold sore with a cream such as Abreva.
- The way to make this work, is to apply it on a regular basis. I would recommend reapplying it every hour for the best results
- Using milk to reduce redness
- Get a piece of cotton wool
- Soak the cotton wool in semi-skimmed or full-fat milk
- Apply directly onto the cold sore for 30 seconds at a time.
- Repeat as necessary.
- Ear wax to heal cold sores?!
However I do have several friends and family members that have braved it.
I believe the technique is to start from the outside of the infected area, and work your way in.
Apparently it works a treat.
So go on...what you waiting for?!
- Ice to stop the virus in its tracks
As soon as you notice the first signs, i.e a tingling sensation, grab an ice cube and hold it onto the cold sore until it feels numb.
Just remember. Be careful not to give the surrounding skin a cold burn. You can do this by using the edge of the ice cube and gaining more control over where you freeze.
This remedy should slow down and the stop the herpes virus from replicating itself.
- Garlic cloves
On the upside; it's not painful like using salt or bleach.
On the downside; does it really work?...Well why not give it a go and find out!
Water replenishes the body with new life, and is good at getting rid of viruses and colds.
Drink at least eight cups of water a day.