Thursday, January 29, 2009

Cold sore medicine

Cold sore medicines come in cream, liquid and tablet form. In general, cold sore creams should do the job, as long as you apply it to the cold sore as soon as initial symptoms appear, e.g tingling and reddening of the skin.

Brands such as Abreva sell over the counter, non-prescription medicines in the form of a cream, which should be applied directly to the cold sore as soon as initial symptoms appear. Abreva cold sore cream is the only non-prescription, anti-viral cold sore medicine to be approved by the FDA, as clinically proven to reduce the length of your outbreak.

If your cold sore outbreaks are more persistent and regular, you should see your doctor and get him/her to prescribe you with something stronger.

Zovirax, Valtrex, and Famvir sell prescribed cold sore medicines in the form of topical creams, i.e by applying directly onto the cold sore, and in tablet form taken orally.
These medicines should be applied as soon as initial symptoms become apparant.
This is because the medicines work by stopping the virus from replicating itself in other cells, and stopping it before it can become a fully blown cold sore.

If taken too late it will probably have little effect in stopping the cold sore. If this is the case then you can either let it play out its life naturally, or you could look to home based, and alternative cold sore remedies.

I will go into this more in my post labelled 'Cold sore remedies'.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have found that cold sore creams work fine on me, but i do kinda prefer using them more natural home based remedies. Ive tried the bleach one once but it hurt way too much, and so does the salt remedy. Tea tree oil stuff works well and doesnt hurt, which is the main thing...

John Williams said...

Herpes Finally Gone, thanks to Dr. Utu for his Herbal Treatment.
I had a sudden onset of cold sores and a new one was appearing each day. I was on primary immunosuppressant I noticed my body just can't fight the virus on its own. After five days of treatment and no success I suspected herpes I went for test and it was confirmed. God was my strength I met a doctor for treatment. He gave me Dr Utu's contact. I contacted him immediately, This medication was far amazing that within 24-48 hrs the blisters were crusting over. The swelling and redness was decreasing as well. I was on four weeks herpes medication which I completed before going for test. I went for herpes test and then again back to my doctor who confirmed me herpes negative it was really like a dream. What a relief! Feel Free to contact Dr Utu Email:- drutuherbalcure@gmail.com OR WhatsApp :- +2347032718477

VERA WHITE said...

Hi Friends i am so glad to writing this article today to tell the world how Dr vadi cured my HSV VIRUS,i have been detected with HSV-1 AND HSV-2 since five years ago, ever since then my life has been in complete bizarre and agony,i have used so many drugs that was prescribed to me by several doctors,but it didn't cure my HSV VIRUS neither did it reduce the pain,until a certain i was checking for solution in the internet,then miraculously came across Dr vadi the powerful herbalist that cure numerous individuals HSV-1 AND HSV-2 INFECTION,then i contacted his whatsApp number at +2348074133083  or email: doctorvadi@yahoo.com i explained everything to him and prepared a cure that cure my HSV-1 AND HSV-2 disease totally after receiving his herbal medicine, so my friends viewers why wait and be suffer when there is someone like Dr vadi that can cure any disease HIV/ CANCER/ HEPATITIS B VIRUS, you can contact his via : doctorvadi@yahoo.com or WHATSAPP+2348074133083